Housing is available for approved and enrolled students. Once the application for admission to the school has been approved, individuals may apply for housing online. Prospective residents are encouraged to apply early.

Housing application is made online. A deposit of one half-month's rent will be due at the time a housing unit is assigned ($150 minimum). Payment of the deposit may be made via WebAdvisor, US mail (Business Office, P.O. Box 22480, Fort Worth, TX 76122-0480), or in person at the Cashier's Window (S-103). Additional payment instructions are provided on-screen as well as by e-mail upon completion of the application. The deposit is refundable when an assignment is cancelled at least thirty days prior to the move-in date or at move out.

Occupancy in all housing is restricted to students enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours of classroom credit (excluding Internet credit and auditing) per semester. The 6 hour minimum is only required for the spring and fall semesters. A combination of classroom credit hours and Internet credit hours may not be used to meet the per hour semester requirement. The credit hours must be toward an approved Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary degree, Texas Baptist College degree, or diploma program. To maintain occupancy, tenants must pay rent on or before the first day of each month. If rent is not paid by the third calendar day of the month, a late fee will be assessed as of the fourth day of the month. The maximum number of years a student may receive housing services while working on a basic degree or diploma program is seven. Only individuals enrolled in an advanced degree program will be eligible to stay in student housing beyond the seven years. Tenants must remain in good academic and financial standing with the seminary and are subject to the school's ethical conduct policy.

The seminary provides approximately 630 General Housing units. Included are one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments, duplexes, and houses. General Housing units are supplied with a kitchen range and refrigerator but are otherwise unfurnished. There are also residence halls with accommodations for single men and women 25 years old and younger. See the Residence Halls section for additional information.

The only area in which pets are permitted is Carroll Park. Each pet must be pre-approved through the housing office. Pets in all other housing areas are not allowed, even temporarily, anywhere within the Leased Premises or the Housing Community. This rule also applies to Carroll Park for animals that have not been pre-approved. Visit the student housing website (www.swbts.edu/housing) for more information about applying for the pet area in Carroll Park.

Note: Service animals are not considered to be pets. A service animal is any guide dog, signal dog, or other animal individually trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability. Service animals perform some of the functions and tasks that the individual with a disability cannot perform independently. Though service animals are not regarded as pets, they must be registered with the housing office prior to moving in with proper documentation.

Residence Halls

Residence halls are available for single men and women 25 years of age and younger. They are located on the main campus, providing single and double occupancy accommodations. Rooms are furnished with a twin bed, desk, chair, dresser, and bookcase for each occupant. All other items must be supplied by the resident. Students 21 years of age and younger are required to live in Residence Halls for 4 consecutive full term semesters (2 years). Exceptions are made for married students. Residence Hall residents are required to choose a meal plan as part of their room and board. Visit the Residence Life and Housing page for further information, pricing, and policies.

Housing Fees

Housing fees are charged by semester. For regularly updated information, please visit www.swbts.edu/housing.