The 200-acre main campus is located in Fort Worth, Texas, on one of the highest natural elevations in Tarrant County, known as Seminary Hill. It now includes 16 main buildings plus the J. Howard Williams Student Village, B. H. Carroll Park, Seminary Drive Duplexes, other perimeter housing, the Norton Landscape Facility, and the Leitch Physical Plant Facility. The seminary is easily accessible from any point in the country by air travel, and may be reached by passenger vehicle via Interstate 20 and James Avenue or Interstate 35W and Seminary Drive.
Located in the heart of the campus, a beautiful domed building with stately Ionic columns, the Memorial Building has become the hallmark of the seminary. Its three wings are connected with a central rotunda. The rotunda, under the dome, displays oil paintings of seminary presidents. B. H. Carroll was the founder and first president of the seminary.
Scarborough Hall houses administrative offices, the School of Theology faculty offices, and classrooms. The wing is named for L. R. Scarborough, the second president of the seminary.
Truett Auditorium and Rotunda is named for George W. Truett who served for many years as chairman of the board of trustees and as pastor of the First Baptist Church, Dallas, Texas, from 1897 to 1944. It is located in the south wing of the Memorial Building and seats 1,098 people.
Fleming Hall houses administrative offices and classrooms. It is named for the late William Fleming of Fort Worth, a longtime seminary benefactor.
The School of Church Music and Worship occupies Cowden Hall, which is located on the northeast corner of the campus. Studios, offices, classrooms, rehearsal rooms, and practice rooms are housed in this impressive building. Instruments available for instruction and practice include a four-manual Casavant organ, a three-manual Moeller organ, and newly purchased Steinway grand pianos. Performance spaces include the 497-seat Reynolds Auditorium.
The Kathryn Sullivan Bowld Music Library is a 30,000-square-foot addition to Cowden Hall, completed in 1992. It contains more than 400,000 items, including printed music, books, periodicals, and video and audio recordings. The Robert Douglass Treasure Room contains rare materials, especially early psalters and hymnals. The building also contains soundproof practice rooms, an electronic piano teaching facility, a classroom, a conference room, and a computer lab devoted to music technology.
The A. Webb Roberts Library is located to the east of the Memorial Building, it houses the library collection of almost 500,000 volumes, an audio-visual and computer learning center and classroom, special collections and archives, the Tandy Archaeological Museum. The staff provides a full range of services including personal and group library instruction, a writing lab, research assistance, interlibrary loan service, and help with access to major computer based information services including the Internet. A. Webb Roberts (1898-1984) was a Dallas layman and a Distinguished Life Member of the President's Club at Southwestern. See below for detailed information on Southwestern's libraries.
Opened in 2017, Mathena Hall is home to the Roy Fish School of Evangelism and Missions and the Texas Baptist College at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. As stated on its cornerstone, the building was “constructed to facilitate the preparation of evangelists to carry the Gospel to the nations.”
Mathena Hall also contains smart classroom facilities and a memorial to Lottie Moon, a Southern Baptist missionary who spent nearly 40 years teaching and evangelizing in China. The memorial contains some of Moon’s belongings as well as her Chinese home.
J.M. Price Hall, located on the west side of the campus is named for the first dean of the School of Educational Ministries. It was designed to function as a model for teaching all phases of Christian education, both academic and practical.
Opened in 2011, the J. W. MacGorman Chapel and Performing Arts Center houses campus chapel services, commencement ceremonies, and conferences. The 106,000 square-foot Spanish-style building also has multi-purpose rooms and space to welcome the seminary’s many friends and special guests.
The Riley Center houses guest rooms and conference space. There are 55 guest rooms for campus visitors and conference attendees. The W.P. Collier Conference Center provides a fully operational conference facility as well as additional office space for the campus.
Completed in 2019, the B.H. Carroll Center collects and preserves critical Baptist archives, promotes research and publishing of books and articles, and organizes lectures, forums, and symposia on topics related to Baptist history, with a special focus on topics related to the Conservative Resurgence. The Center also features a 3,000 square-foot Exhibit Hall with the Adrian Rogers Library at its heart.
The Women's Center serves as an educational and administrative building and the offices of the Dean of Women. Created to mirror a home setting, the Center serves as a place for women to gather for community, mentoring, learning, and leadership development.
The Southwestern Women’s Center exists to enhance the campus climate for and service to Southwestern women as they prepare for service and ministry. Under the leadership of the Dean of Women, the Southwestern Women’s Center is a dedicated space for women’s academic success, leadership development, and ministry preparation. Along with being a place where women can voice concerns and connect with resources, the Southwestern Women’s Center is a hub for all Southwestern women, with opportunities for focused study, mentoring, and spiritual growth.
The Robert E. Naylor Student Center houses the dining services offices, the Food Hall, The Coffeehouse, and banquet rooms. Parlors, lounges, reception areas, post office, and conference rooms are also located in this building. It has become the center for seminary community life. The center is named for the fifth president of the seminary.
The Goldia and Robert Naylor Children’s Center (NCC) is dedicated to serving the families at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary and the community. The building provides space for preschool and childcare for ages 8 weeks through 6th grade for SWBTS faculty, staff and student families.
The Police Administration Building serves as the base of operations for the SWBTS Campus Police Department that serves and protects the campus community.
Southwestern provides health services through our on Campus Medical Clinic, located at 4501 Stanley Ave. The clinic is staffed by one physician and two registered nurses who provide general family practice and minor urgent care. The clinic serves faculty, staff, students, and dependents at reduced fees. Built in 1926, and remodeled as the Campus Clininc in 2007, the building originally served as the home of J.M. Price.
The Myra K. and J. Roy Slover Recreation and Aerobics Center (RAC) exsists to serve Southwestern by promoting physical and spiritual wellness while increasing community all for the glory of God.
The center is comprised of a gymnasium with an indoor track, four racquetball courts, snack area, locker rooms, a state-of-the-art cardio-vascular activity room, a strength training room, a classroom, and a multipurpose aquatics facility. Adjacent to the center are lighted tennis courts, an outdoor track, a sand volleyball court, and playing fields. The center is named for the Slovers, seminary benefactors from Liberty, Texas.
The Recreation Aerobics Center program offerings include: physical fitness and personal training, aquatics (swimming lessons), intramural sports, a variety of aerobic classes, outdoor recreation, and various family oriented special events.
Constructed in 1971, the President's home has served as a residence for five of the nine presidents of Southwestern Seminary.
This facility, located at 4716 Warren Avenue houses the landscape support activities for the main campus and student housing. The building is named for Carl E. Norton who began the campus beautification process in 1979.
This facility houses the maintenance and support activities for the main campus and student housing. Facilities Maintenance, Support Services, Purchasing, and receiving/warehouse operations are located in this facility at 2101 Yates Street. The building is named for James R. Leitch who served the seminary from 1954 to 1987 as Director of Physical Plant.
Fort Worth Hall was the first building to be constructed on the Fort Worth campus in 1910 was named for the city of Fort Worth. Fort Worth Hall is the residence hall for men.
Barnard Hall was named for Floy Barnard, a former dean of women. Barnard Hall is the residence hall for single women. It was constructed in 1915, with an addition in 1920.
J. Howard Williams Student Village, located north of the main campus across Seminary Drive, provides one-, two-, and three-bedroom housing for 420 families. 252 of the 420 housing units are the result of recent construction. The project is named for the fourth president of the seminary, who presided over its early beginnings.
B. H. Carroll Park Apartments were named for the first president of the seminary, this 21-acre housing area has 184 units for families in duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes. These apartments are named for the seminary's founding president.